Thursday, July 2, 2009

Depature Eve


Had a great week so far. Got to jits 2x and had fun. Got the garden sprinklers hooked up. Cleaned up a heap of vomit at 3am on saturday, but thats a story for another day. Played a bunch of xbox, had some great meals with lauren, george and I spent some quality time together. And now onto the big stuff.....

Well I have most everything packed. Lauren has done a great job in letting me know what I should pack from her experience. Jeff and I will meet up tomorrow morning at 9:30ish and split up the tent and cooking gear between our packs.

Put californication and the hammer on the iphone.

Getting nervous for sure. But excited at the same time. I think the best way to some up my feelings right now is to quote Owen Wilson:

"I'm, like, 98% excited, and maybe 2% scared. Or maybe it's backwards. Maybe I'm 98% scared, and, like, 2% excited. But that's what makes it so great... I'm so confused!"

Bet you didn't see that coming.

Getting George already to hang out with Lauren for the next couple weeks as well.

I plan on posting alot more now that we are getting the show on the road. Starting tomorrow, as much as possible I will post. Probably won't be checking emails too often, but I will do my best. I will have the phone on in europe and have some calling and data plans that we plan to use only at a minimum (but I expect jeff to make at least 1 ten minute call home a day, whats the over under on that?).

Here is the pseudo official plan:

July
3rd leave sfo
4th land in dublin
5th fly to london then to barcelona drive to pamplona and camp
6th camp pamplona
7th run with the bulls, drive back to barcelona
8th peripgnan
9th andora camping probably
10th possibly camp in andora
11th possibly saint gironas france, but we might skip this all together
12th tourmalet, may stay here or book it to spain depending on when we can get off the mountain.
13th madrid hotel
14th 8pm fly to dublin and stay at dublin airport hotel
15th 9:50 am leave dublin for us

I think alot of that is up in the air, but we shall see. Ok, time to finish packing, more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment